Hey, guys! It’s Friday and I’ve started to do What Are You Reading Fridays. This is a weekly post that I am doing about what I am reading. I decided to do it on Friday because it’s the end of the week for me and reading usually slows down for me on the weekend due to my schedule. So, let’s get into this post! I am reading Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. This book is just so good. Emma and Julian are such great characters and even a little better than Clary and Jace. They just need to break that stupid No Dating Your Parabatai Rule because they are just bound to date. I was starting to ship Christina and Mark, then that faery guy Kieran kissed him and I was so drawn to their relationship. I can’t wait until I finish this book and can give a full review because it’s just so amazing! I also have received The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas and am participating on the blog tour! I am on page 10 and i really enjoy it! The characters have a great depth and the story is very mysterious and interesting. When I read the plot, I wasn’t thinking that i would like it, but this book is really really good! I just began to read The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
This is a weekly post where I will talk about 3 books that I either am really anticipating their release or books that I don’t have in my possession, but I really NEED.
1. The book I am most dreading that I don’t own is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I am absolutely dying to read this whole series but can’t seem to find it anywhere. I would love if someone could send it to me, but I doubt that would happen.
2. WINTER. This book is HUGE. I want to find out what happens to Cinder & Co In the final book that reaches over 800 PAGES. I need to get this book now.
3. Infinite Sea: This book absolutely needs to be in my arms and should be in my arms. I loved the 5th Wave, but never seemed to pick this up. I need to get it before the Last Star is released.
Thanks for tuning in! See you guys tomorrow or whenever I decide to post again. I should have a review for Lady Midnight up sometime this week. I’m about 30% done and so far I like it very much.
This week on Top Ten Tuesday, I will tell you about the top ten books I am ashamed that I haven’t read yet. So let’s get into it.
1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: I LOVE the Mortal Instruments and own all the books. That includes The Infernal Devices. Tessa was in City of Heavenly Fire and I heard about her but I didn’t know her and I really wish I read it before CoHF:(
2. Throne of Glass Series: I am so ashamed because the books are right up my alley and I won 1-3 and the novella book. I need to get on top of this band wagon.
3. Vampire Academy: So ashamed I didn’t read these books. I had books 1-3 and I couldn’t get into the first book so I sold all of them to my local used book store for store credit.
4. Falling Kingdom Series: Just why. Why have I not picked these up. I am DYING to read these. Ugh.
5. Legend Series: I liked Legend so I bought the whole series and I never finished it and I need to, but I don’t see myself finishing it.
6. Rebel Belle Series: I mainly bought Rebel Belle because of the cover and when I bought it, the plot was so intriguing and the last book is coming soon and I need to read it.
7. Wonder: Its not a series, but I’m completely ashamed I haven’t read it. I’ve heard nothing but great things, but I never buy it when I get to the book store.
8. Darkest Minds: I heard such good things that I really wanted to read it, but don’t know when.
9. Starbound Trilogy: I was so interested when the first book came out, but then I saw they all were barely related.
10. Harry Potter: This is far on the list because there’s so many books and the series is long over that I just can’t pick it up
Thanks for checking it out, guys! Come back tomorrow for Waiting On Wednesday! Have a nice night!
Hey, guys! Today, my school was closed for the day due to a high level of snow. So, I am going to give you guys a review on The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel. If you guys don’t know what this book is about, I am going to give you a mini summary. Here is my summary:
After a nuclear war left the United States destroyed, a group of survivors banded together to govern the country. The group a fights over who will govern. The Westfalls lose, and the Lattimers win. Fifty years later, President Lattimer keeps peace and control by having the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning side. This year, it is Ivy Westfall’s turn. She has a plan: to kill her new husband-the president’s son-and restore the Westfall family to power. Ivy starts seeing the truth inside Bishop Lattimer and sees he’s not the ruthless boy her father described. Ivy realizes he’s the only one who really understands her, but she knows she restore the Westfall legacy. Bishop has to die, and she has to be the one to kill him…
I very much enjoyed the main character and the supporting characters in this book. Ivy was a very headstrong, but misunderstood girl and Bishop understood her. Ivy develops by the end and her and Bishop’s relationship grows strongly. Ivy and her family’s relationship deteriorates as she starts to trust Bishop. Ivy’s sacrifices for her family give the book a very strong family aspect. By the end of the book, my heart was pumping and the plot twist just made me SCREAM! I can’t wait until I get my hands on the second book. I give this book a 4/5 stars! Absolutely great!
Hey, readers! I created this account two years ago and didn’t exactly stay active! But I am back to review and do fun things with books on this blog! I would really like to have ARCs sent to me. My email is email@example.com. I will try to post daily, but due to my schedule it will most likely be weekly. Thanks so much for reading this! Please stay tuned for more reviews and other fun things!