Most people are posting about only books in 2016 that they wish to pick up, but there are so many I want to read in 2017! So many books are coming out in 2017 and I would rather not ostracize them and start embracing them as @016 draws to a midway point. Let’s get into that!
This list is in NO particular order (except for the first book):
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare: April 11th 2017 by Margaret K. Books; This is my most anticipated book ever. Lady Midnight was one of the best books I have ever read and i am sooooo excited for this sequel. I need more answers!
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer:November 8th 2016 by Feiwel and Friends; I really love Wonderland and Alice In Wonderland is my favorite Disney movie and Children’s book. I have always loved the Queen of Hearts and I am so interested in her story! Can’t wait.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: September 27th 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; The writing in this just seems so beautiful and I really want to anticipate a Laini Taylor novel
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: July 5th 2016 by Greenwillow Books; Again, I have never read a book by her, but the premise is so intriguing.
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi: August 30th 2016 by Dutton Books for Young Readers; I disliked Shatter Me, but the writing was good and it’s middle grade so it will be easier and enjoyable.
- Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth: January 17th 2017 by Katherine Tegen Books; A new duo logy by Veronica Roth? Yes please. Can’t wait to see how she writes this series and how if she can truly prove her worth as my favorite author.
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard: January 10th 2017 by Amulet Books; UGHH. The Phantom of the Opera means so much to me. My teacher introduced it to me and he was obsessed with it and his influence on it sparked my love for it (I saw it on Broadway). This is a retelling of that and i know that Howard is a great retelling author and I am so excited for this!!
- Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige: September 20th by Bloomsbury USA Childrens; I really enjoyed The Snow Queen on Once Upon A Time and Danielle is also a fantastic author of retellings, so I am so intrigued.
That’s all that I really am excited about, but I know there will be more as I finish Throne of Glass, ACATAR, and other books with sequels coming out. Have a great day!